One of the most important ministries at Holy Cross is teaching our children the treasures of Orthodoxy. The Holy Cross Sunday Church School program serves over 150 students, ranging from Preschool to High School. A dedicated staff of volunteer teachers guides our young people as they learn the precepts of our Orthodox Christian faith. The mission of our Church School is to lead our children towards Christ and His church. Our goal is to help our young people develop a deep love for Christ and to teach them to be active participants in their faith. Our program aids parents in their efforts to spiritually educate their children following the guidelines of the Archdiocese. As participants in the program, our children receive weekly lessons and are actively involved in church processions, service projects, and special activities. Our desire is that each child will grow in his or her faith through worship, weekly study, fellowship, and fun.
Our Divine Liturgy begins at 9:30am. Classes take place following Holy Communion, and end at 11:30 am. All children are invited to participate in our program.
- Our Holy Cross children are given the opportunity to receive Orthodox Education lessons each Sunday during the school year.
- The children participate in various Church activities such as Church processions, service projects and Christmas Pageant.
- The children develop friendships with other Orthodox young people.
- The Program supports parents in their desire to spiritually educate their children in the Faith and reinforce what they learn at home.
- We provide special Orthodox celebrations and lessons throughout the year. ( ex: St. Nicholas celebration and Vasilopita Day / St. Basil lesson)
* On Sunday morning, there is also an adult catechetical program with Fr. Daniel Korba. The Adult Class meets in the Library on the classroom level following Holy Communion. Adults already Orthodox and those seeking more information about the Orthodox Faith are welcome.